Saturday, October 28, 2017

Surgeon's Visit

Yesterday I made the long trek to OHSU to meet with the surgeon about the mass on my pancreas. I was blessed to be driven by my good friends and we picked up my mother on the way. We got to pick up mom at my Aunt's house. It was so good to see her and it had been so long since I had been at her place. It did my heart good to be able to spend some time with her before we headed to the hospital.

We got there with time to spare so we atually we able to have some lunch together before we headed up to see the surgeon. I love spending time with go my mother and Carolyn so there was lots of laughter and fun.

I liked the surgeon a lot. And even better he did not feel that I needed to rush into surgery. I got s fur month reprieve. In four months I will go in for another endoscopy ultra sound to see if there has been any change in the mass. If there has not been then I will repeat in another four months.

So for now I can take a deep breath, work on getting my lung and immune system stronger. It is good to be able to put this aside for a few months and concentrate on the others for a while.

Now I just need insurance approval for the change in treatment and things will be great!

Just Connie

No comments: