Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Hunt for Gold

I did something today I have not done in a couple of years. I woke up to a glorious fall day, bright,sunny and cool. I knew I had to get my Sunday School lesson done and things prepared and laid out for Board meeting. So I headed to the church bright and early and got all my work done and then ... I headed up Gold Creek Road to meet up with my friend Dan.

I loaded Hope Puppy into the back of Dan's truck and we headed out mushroom hunting. It felt so good to be out in the woods again. I have really missed the hunt for gold, though my neighbor Phil has been good about keeping me supplied. But there is nothing like being out in the woods and letting the glory of God's creation fill your soul and wash all the yuck out.

So even though I only came back with 5 mushrooms, I came back filled with life. So very grateful for this beautiful place I live. So thankful for wonderful friends who help to get me outside and are willing to share their life and live with me,

I feel very blessed ..

Just Connie

No comments: