Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Port Townsend

I just got back from a trip .... an 800 mile trip. It is really unusual for me to take a trip by myself. I just have not got in the habit of traveling on my own. But I was asked over a year ago to officiate a wedding in Port Townsend Washington. I said yes, not understanding that as the date came closer, the distance seemed farther and farther away. And I got more and more nervous.

But Friday I packed up the car and headed north ... 6 hours north to be exact. Port Townsend was beautiful. I have to say that I felt very adventurous to be out on my own. I actually found my way to Port Townsend without problems and then made it across town to the park where the wedding was going to be at.

I was stunned by the beauty of Port Townsend and was amazed at how different it was from Willamina. Everywhere you looked there were beautiful gardens and sparkling vistas of water.

I have to admit that I am glad that I pushed myself to make the effort to go. It awakened in me the desire to do some traveling on my own. I really think I could design some inexpensive trips that would allow me to push the boundaries that I have drawn around myself for the last 4 years.

There is a whole world out there just waiting for me.

Am I brave enough to discover it?

Just Connie

No comments: