Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Independence Day. Besides it being our country's birthday, it is a very very busy day for me. It will begin by reporting to Fendall Hall at 6:00 in the morning to help the Kiwanis serve breakfast.

Then I will head to the church where I will help set up the booths for the town celebration. The church sells elephant ears, hot dogs and soda every year. It raises ministry money for the entire year. This year we will also have a couple of new booths so there will be a lot of set up to do.

At 11:00 I will head to the park for the Kiss the Pig finale. The "winner" of the contest will kiss the pig. We have raised over a thousand dollars to help build the playground at the pond, so it will be worth it. I met the pig today .... I guess I have kissed worse.

Following that it is back to the church to work the booths and to decorate the float for the parade. By the time we finish it will be time to report to the parade grounds to line up for the parade. And then  ... parade time which is always lots and lots of fun.

By the time the parade is done, it is time to head to the church and get everything cleaned up. Following that I will have just enough time to drive home, grab a blanket and head to the stadium for the town fireworks.

I know it will be a busy, exhausting and wonderful day.

I can hardly wait!

Just Connie

1 comment:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

O my goodness, I am exhausted just reading about your day tomorrow. And I have a feeling you have a lot of days like that! Bless you and I hope it all goes smoothly for you!