Thursday, August 22, 2013

Alone?

There are times that I feel very alone. The last few weeks I have felt that awareness all too well and yesterday it was very real.

I found myself leaving the hospital, trying hard to not cry until I reached the car. But yet, tears were running down my face as I negotiated the long path through the hospital to my car. All I wanted was to lay my head down and tell someone that my heart was hurting. And yet I knew there was no one there for me, no one waiting for me at home .... no one but me.

I woke up this morning with a heavy heart this morning and found that I was still struggling with a feeling of being alone, so I decided to get away from the office for a while and get alone with God. I found myself at the Willamina Pond. And I sat by the pond and just got quiet. I watched the goldfinches and the red winged blackbirds flitting around the cattails as I listen to the cry of the Osprey. As I watched I let  God's peace and love wash over me.

It was the reminder that I needed that I do not really walk alone. God is with me every step of the way.

And His love is enough ....

Just Connie

No comments: