Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Joy of Ministry

This past Saturday I spent the day with my fellow pastor and delegates from Free Methodist Churches from across the State at our Annual Conference. There s something about being at Conference that is so very encouraging to me.

The Bishop shares news from headquarters and I am always blessed by the godly depth of our leaders. Our Superintendent as usual was an incredible blessing as he reminded us that it is all about love and reminded us that we are loved as he does every Sunday.

This is one of the few chances I get every year to spend time with my fellow pastors and enjoy the incredible joy that comes form being with them. It lifts my heart and always makes me thankful for those that serve.

The highlight of the entire time is when we receive our church assignments for the year. It is such a holy responsibility to stand before the Lord, to stand before leadership and be entrusted with the joy of ministry. So for the 6th year I have been assigned to Willamina Free Methodist Church, the church that I love, the people  love and the community that I love.

I am so blessed and so very grateful ...

Just Connie

No comments: