Monday, May 4, 2015

Wild Land Burn to Learn Photos

I want to post some of the photos I took while I was up on the aerial ladder. I have to say again that being up 80 feet int he air was very exciting! It was a great place to watch everything that was going on. But of course the real thrill was having the opportunity to learn to run  the aerial adder. I was terrified I would do something wrong. But the Chief was very patient with me. And I am rally looking forward to doing it again. So here they are!

Looking down from 80 feet up! Look how tiny the huge ladder truck loooks!
Getting ready to climb back down

Burning off ... is going slow ... too wet




1 comment:

Sage said...

Congratulations! It is a wonderful feeling to be taken up in a bucket truck. I am a volunteer fireman for a dept that has a 90 foot ladder truck.