Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sorting it Out

I have not blogged in quite a while. I have been processing what I am feeling and trying to figure out how to put into word everything that is going.

About three and a half years ago, I began to get sick frequently. I would develop an infection and then my asthma would go critical. Over time the infections got closer and closer together and my asthma got worse. This spring, they began to look at my immune system for answers and …. They got answers. It seems that my immune system has some missing elements in it. Now they are beginning the process to begin gamma globulin immune therapy. Today I filled out the paperwork to begin the process and I should hear from the drug company in a couple of weeks.

How do I feel about all of this? I feel …. All kinds of things. I am relieved that there might finally be a solution and an end to the constant illness. I am hopeful for a future where I begin to once again do all of the things that bring me joy and life. I am afraid … afraid that this will not work, that I will continue to get sicker and sicker. I am afraid that the treatments will make me horribly sick.
But in spite of everything I am feeling I am choosing hope as the feeling that I am standing on. I choose hope.


And hope is always the right decision.

Just Connie

1 comment:

Just Connie said...

Connie I am so glad you have felt like you are ready to comment on this. I know it is scary and a whole new thing. You know I love you and continue to pray for you and about this.