Thursday, November 5, 2015

Life Changes

It was just 6 months ago that my life took a sudden change. When the phone call came, I did not know then that my life was being  changed. I remember listening carefully to the Dr trying to understand what he was saying about my blood work results. Over the next month I began to get an understanding of how completely my life was changing.

For the past 5 months I have been getting gamma globulin treatments which will give me the antibodies that I need to  ... Well to stay alive. As the reality of these Weekly treatments have sunk in I find that there are some new priorities and focuses in my life. It seems that so much of my time is spent in preparing for the treatments, receiving the treatments and then recovering from the treatments. I do not like how much time it is sucking up.

I work very hard at staying healthy and "working through the pain". I am also working hard at staying positive and optimistic. There are some days that I find it very difficult to do and at times it seems that the grief will overcome me. But I remain convinced that there are things that God will teach me as I continue on this journey. I am learning and I am leaning ... Leaning on my friends and family and leaning on God.

And I guess when I really stop to think about it .... That is a pretty good place to be.

Just Connie

No comments: