Sunday, September 11, 2016

Alien Landscape

By nature and by personal choice I am normally optimistic and positive. I love life and enjoy people. But I find myself swirling in a maelstrom of emotions right  now.  It is not a comfortable feeling and I feel like I have been deposited on another planet. Here I sit looking at a very strange and alien landscape.

So what do you do when you find that you are in a foriegn and unwanted place? I could moan and groan and complain ... But that really goes against everything that I am. I could go to bed and pull the covers over my head ... But somehow I do not think that is going to help in the long run. I could take a pill or take a drink that would deaden the things I am feeling .... But yet I deeply believe there is value in feeling the feelings.

I think that everyone comes to these places where we find ourselves broken, hurting and looking for answers. So what is the answer? I have a feeling that there is not a simple one. I think it is choosing to take a step in the dark, believing that the light is there. That does not mean that the hurt goes away, it does not mean that I will not be frightened it just means that I choose faith.

And anytime that I choose faith, the dark does not win.

A simple step of faith .....

Just Connie

1 comment:

Just Connie said...

I know that you realize you are so loved by so many people. I wish there were an easy answer but like a lot of life there isn't. The main thing is that you hang in there and live your life. You have to keep trying on your end by making contact every week and maybe some day it will change I honestly believe that it will change. I love you so much and hurt for you so very much. Love Mom