Friday, October 3, 2014

Not Dull

I got the call just after I had ordered breakfast at our local restaurant, the alarm was going off at the Old High School Campus and I was asked to run down and turn it off. So I told them to hold my food and I headed down to the Campus,

Letting myself in with my key I turned off the alarm and noticed some lights on down the main hall. So I began the trek to the other end turning off lights and closing doors as I went. I got all the way to the gym when I aw the outside door to the gym open and that is when it dawned on me, the school had been broken into! A few seconds after that realization was this one, "The school has been broken into, and I am standing here by myself in the middle of a dark 10,000 square foot building and I have no idea if someone is in the building or not."

As my shaking hands dialed 911 I began to back out of the building as fat as I could mumbling to myself, "Dumb, dumb, dumb". As I sat on the steps and waited for the Sheriff deputy I began to realize that I was not going to get back to rescue my breakfast. And that is about the time the first of the squad cars began to pull up. Before I knew it there were 5 deputies there to rescue me and check the building.

An hour later the building was secured, no bad guys were found and the alarm was set once again. As I drove back to the restaurant to see if my breakfast could be reclaimed, it dawned on me that my life is never dull.

And I am thinking that not dull ... is pretty good.

Just Connie

No comments: