Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Busy and Grateful

Today  was eclectic ... busy but eclectic. It started up with a Chamber of Commerce meeting and then was followed up by a Fire Board Meeting where I was officially appointed as the Public Information Officer for the Fire Department. Once I got all my meetings out of the way for the day I stayed at the Fire Hall and typed up some reports that needed to be done.

Then I had a phone counseling session at the church, grabbed some lunch and went to meet with the Treasurer. Then it was time to wade through my e-mail, answer messages and then run to Sheridan to pick up medications. After a quick trip to the Hardware Store I headed back to the church to clear off some desk work.

I wrapped up the work day with a phone call from the Sheridan pastor's inviting me to preach at this year' community Thanksgiving service. Throwing all my gear in the car I stopped at the grocery store and then headed home where I unloaded 50 pound of dog food, carried in 40 pounds of pellets and put  groceries away.

Right now I am sitting here with my feet on the coffee table. In half an hour I will head to the church for an art class.

I love how unique each and every day is. I love what I am doing and I love the fullness of ministry. I feel blessed, happy and certain I am where God has called me to be.

I guess when you think about it ... you really cannot ask for more than that..... I am so grateful!

Just Connie

Postscript - 3 hours later ... In the midst of my class I got paged to a vehicle fire where I took photos and gathered information for media inquiries. Have I mentioned I love my job?

No comments: