Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Lesson

Some time ago I decided to sign up for the Ropes Rescue Training Course at the Fire Hall. I have to admit that as the class drew nearer I began to be a bit nervous that I would not be able to keep up.

But as the class progressed I found that I was really enjoying it. The video on the left is my first time rappelling the four stories off the hose tower at the Fire Hall.

As I have thought about how easy it would have been to talk myself out of doing this, I realize that I would have missed so much. I would have missed out of the camaraderie and laughter of working side by side with the crew. I would have missed the sense of accomplishment as I learned things I had never learned and tried things I had never tried before.

How grateful I am for the people who encouraged me to do this, for the people in my life who push me to explore my limits and learn and grow. How thankful I am that I can still push myself physically and live a full and exciting life.

I can hardly wait to see what comes next!

Just Connie

No comments: