Thursday, January 22, 2015

Class Thoughts

I love my doctor! He is a very personable caring man who is involved in many ways int he community. One of his service projects is being the doctor adviser for the area Fire Departments. He has been concerned about the overall health of Fire personnel. To help all of us get fit he has arranged for us to have yoga classes two days a week for the next year.

Over the next year they will monitor our blood pressure, weight, pulse and so on. It is a bit intimidating to be weighed and measured by your doctor. Even though I like and trust him. (He was not that pleased with my blood pressure)

I have now been to two classes. My first class I came right from physical torture ... I mean physical therapy on my shoulder. So I was sore and miserable when I walked in. I won't say that the class was a complete disaster but I threw up at the end of the class. Not one of my most shining moments though thankfully I did make it to the bathroom before I publicly embarrassed myself.

Last night was my second class. I did much better ... though I would have called it a success if I did not throw up at the end. In fact I felt pretty good and am rather looking forward to my next class Monday.

I have always believed our bodies want to be well, it is just a matter of developing the habits which will help and heal my body.

Why though .... does it have to be so hard?

Just Connie

No comments: