Monday, June 1, 2015

A Break

I took a break from all the medical stuff this past weekend. In fact I did something new and different. I took a beginning kayaking class. One of the medics from the Fire Department and I signed up for this class well over a month ago. I have been anxiously watching my lung function and praying that I could actually do this.

So very early on Saturday morning we headed up to West Linn for our class. For the next 6 hours we learned all kinds of paddle strokes and paddled around the Willamette. I somehow did not tip myself over once and I learned a lot. It was a beautiful bright sunny day and it felt so good to be outside.

As we wrapped up the class and began packing all of our stuff away it dawned on me that I have not done enough of this in the last few years. There is something about being outside that gives me life and I need to do more of it.

So I have decided that as I prepare for treatment I am going to be more intentional about getting outside. So for the first part of that commitment, I have scheduled a paddle boarding day the end of this month. And no, I have never been paddle boarding, but I am going to learn. Something tells me that I will love it!

Now I am going to look around and find thing that will get me outside between now and then .... who knows what I will learn next?

Just Connie

No comments: