Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Cough

The cough shook my body and I laid my head down on my desk and sighed. It was becoming evident that the infection was coming back after only a week off antibiotics. Picking up the phone I called my family doctor and was soon sitting across from him in the examining room.

He soon confirmed my fear and put me back on another month of antibiotics. I left with a feeling of discouragement. I had been on a constant round of antibiotics for the last four years as I fought infection after infection. When they finally discovered my immune system deficiency I was almost relieved. Over the past month I have been learning the process of gamma globulin infusions which will eventually give me the antibodies I need to fight infection.

There are times when I resent the constant fatigue and the time which my illness steals from me. But then I am reminded that "I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me". Tonight I am reflecting on that and letting determination and hope refill the empty tired places within me.

This too shall pass ...

Just Connie

No comments: