Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Car Thoughts

I have been having trouble with my car. The battery keeps going dead. After having all my car guys poking around in it for a couple of months, I finally bought a new battery hoping that would fix the issue.

Then I happily trundled up to Kennewick to meet my new grandson and spend time with my daughter and her family. When I jumped in the car to head home .... my battery was dead. Frustrated, but thankful my son in law was there with the jumper cables, I was soon jumped and on my way back home.

After consulting with my car guys back home I finally decided to make an appointment with the dealership and get this issue solved for once and for all. So early Tuesday morning I headed to Salem and explained what was happening and began the long wait. After only a couple of hours they came and told me they had checked the car over and there was nothing wrong with it. When I asked why the battery was going dead then, he said, " We do not know".

I sat there in disbelief as he made a long list of servicing and things that could be done to the car. I was soon on my way back home with the same problems that I had brought with me. So I had driven two hours, waited two hours and spent $115 only to be told there was nothing wrong with my car ... only the battery keeps going dead.

So I headed back to my local car guys and told them the dealership mechanic had said "nothing was wrong with my car." As he was laughing and ducking the items I was throwing at him, he did point out that something was certainly wrong with the car, they just did not know what it was. By the time i had left his place, I had made a couple of decisions. First, I need a AAA membership. Secondly, I need a set of jumper cables or a jump box to carry with me all the time.

So even though I do not have a solution to what ever the issue is at this time, at least I have a strategy. And of course the car guys are still full ideas of what they can look at next.

Of course they are also laughing at the need to attempt to teach me to use a jump box charger on the car. .... sigh .. somehow I cannot see this turning out well ... or with any dignity.

But who needs dignity at this point?

Just Connie

No comments: