Saturday, August 22, 2015

Wrong Place, Wrong Time

I was roaming up and down the road, taking photos of the burning forest of both sides of the road when I heard the helicopter coming back to drop another load of water on the fire above us. I quickly began to snap some shots of the helicopter, getting completely caught up in getting the perfect shot.

And that is when I caught the trailing edge of the water drop. Stunned, I quickly shoved my camera under my coat as the water showered around me. Shaking off the water,  I told myself, "If the helicopter gets you with water you are too close!" as I began backing away. I checked my camera and found everything checked out fine as I continued with my assigned tasks.

It was several hours later, when I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket that I found my pocket full of water. With disbelief I looked at the dead, water soaked phone in my hand. Sighing, I dried it off and settled it in a pocket that I checked to make sure was dry and went back to the job at hand

Hours later when I finally drug home at 2:00 in the morning. I placed the carefully dried phone in a bag of rice and prayed for a miracle.

I am still praying ....

All I can say is, "Poor phone".

Just Connie

No comments: