Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fire Thoughts



 I got the call just as I was curling up in bed for  the night. I quickly got dressed and headed to the fire which was only a couple of blocks away. Part way there I got the call from the fire chief making sure that I was on the way. Assuring him I was on my way, I continued on.

Pulling up on scene, I quickly got into my turnouts and began snapping photos as the crews began to fight the raging fire.

This was an abandoned house, so there were no owners to interview or paperwork to begin at the scene. That left me free to snap pictures.

The fire was so hot that we could not get very close until we began to knock it down. When the fire began to die down the chief and walked around looking for the origin of the fire.

Finally the fire was out and we headed back to the Fire Hall, so I could finish getting the information I needed for the press.

By 2:00 I was heading back to bed, tired, sooty and very smelly. But knowing that we had kept the fire from spreading and that it was a job well done.

And that is pretty good feeling to go to bed with .....

Just Connie

1 comment:

t-dcrawford said...

Good pictures Connie and my that was one raging fire!!! It really looks hot!!!