Thursday, March 31, 2016

Burning

Over the past few years when I have been so ill, I have worked very hard to find things that bring life and joy to me. Things like getting outside and letting God blow the cobwebs away. Another thing that has brought life and vitality to me has been my involvement with the fire department. What a joy to work with this incredibly talented and committed group of people. People who share my love of service and people who share my sense of adventure. I am coming to find that that is not very common place.

Last Saturday we had the opportunity to burn down a house for training. It will sound bizarre when I say, "It was soooo much fun!".  I am coming to believe that every firefighter has a strong inner pyromaniac within. I have to say it was exhausting, but  wonderful. I made it through without even a blip in my breathing. I did not even have to use my inhaler. So all of the precautions I used paid off.

I am grateful for the opportunities I am given and grateful ... well just grateful.

Just Connie

No comments: