Sunday, July 17, 2016

Time

It has become apparent that I have lot a lot of things "that have slid" around the house. There are all kinds of reasons, with one being that I have been sick much of the time and just did not have the energy to face it. The other primary reason is because I am never home to do the work that needs to be done. So little by little things piled up. My fence needs repairing, my garden space is overgrown and needs to be cleaned out. My deck stairs rotted out and I need to dig the soil out so they do not rot out again. The trim on the house needs to be scraped and painted. I have a roof leak in the carport and the roof needs to be treated for moss.The flower beds look like a jungle and frankly from the outside the house looks abandoned. And that is just the outside. I have several rooms inside that desperately need to be painted. I need to finish sorting and putting away my sister's things. And I have to shovel out the room my son used while he lived with me.

All of these things have been weighing on my mind as I contemplate the upcoming treatment. I have some things that have to be done while I am feeling well enough. It dawned on me several days ago that I need to take several weeks off and get at least some of these projects done. I would also like to do some camping, hiking and paddleboarding done as well. Especially the camping which is a lot more problematic while I am on treatment. I would also like to go up and se my daughter and grandsons. All of that requires ... time.

So I called my superintendent and told him that I need to take some time off before I begin treatments again. He asked me to call a board meeting and is planning on Skyping in with us for the meeting. He said he had some ideas but did not specify what he was thinking. I have to admit that it makes me a bit nervous. It took me a while to figure out what was making me nervous and I realized that I have had this nagging feeling that at some point the church and/or the Conference will get fed up with my illness and replace me. My rational mind says  that won't happen but I have to admit that the underlying fear is still there.

So I will probably call this week and talk to him about my time off. For one thing I do not want to burn up all of my vacation  on what is only the 2nd month of my vacation cycle.  I will also lay out a priority list on what I need to do around the house and prepare to hit it hard with whatever amount of time I actually take off.

Lots to do with little time .... sigh ....

Just Connie

No comments: