Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Clams

I went clamming today. I decided that I wanted to spend some hours of my vacation with friends. So we packed up and drove 3 hours to Seaside. It was a beautiful cold, frosty day. The sun was shining bright when we got there. You could not have asked for better December wather at the beach.

I drug my net and my clam gun up and down the beach and found ...... sand dollars. Lots and lots of sand dollars. Big ones, little ones, whole ones .... broken ones. Every kind and color you could imagine. It was like a wonderful treasure hunt.

I came home with a net full of wonderful things, but not one clam. I have to admit that I was not really disapointed. It is a whole lot easier to clean a sand dollar than a clam.

Just Connie

1 comment:

David Brewer said...

Connie, I've been away from reading blogs for a couple months (busy fall!) and *really* enjoyed catching up on yours. You do a terrific job sharing the important parts of your personal experiences without having to give the details that could muddy the story. Thanks!