Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hurts of the Past

There are times that the hurts of the past seem to flood my present. Today was one of those days. It seemed like such a simple conversation, but yet there it was .... the past leaping up and grabbing me by the throat. I sat there and fought tears as I tried to find a graceful way out of the conversation. In the end there was no grace to it, I just sat there and cried.

Most of the time I feel like a competent, confident woman, but when the past intrudes  .... it fills me with insecurities and pain. Unwanted and  unexpected yet there it is.

So what do I do with this stuff that I am feeling? My natural instinct is to pull back and hide, yet experience has taught me that is not healthy or wise. And as much as I would like to wave a magic wand over the hurt and make it go away, I think the only way through it is to feel what I am feeling and take another step forward.

So tonight I am choosing to feel and choosing to believe that there is hope for tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: