Saturday, December 17, 2011

Family

Family has always been important to me. It is part of what has held me together in the tough times and gives me a sense of love and security through daily life. But I live a couple of hours away from my family and that means that the time I do get to spend with them is especially precious to me.

This week I took a trip to my parents house to be with my children and the rest of the family. It was a very rare treat for me. It meant that I got to see my 2 year old grandson and play with my great nephew and just enjoy the sense of being surrounded by people who know me and love me anyway.

I have to admit I miss having my family around me everyday, but I have been blessed with love and friendship here in Willamina and that fills up a lot of the lonely places for me.

But still .... there is nothing like family.

Just Connie

No comments: