Tuesday, January 24, 2012

House Guest

Over the past couple of months I have had a house guest, My son has been staying with me and it has been an interesting experience. I have lived alone for over 3 years and it has been rather strange to have someone living alongside me.

There have been times when I have lamented the change in my daily habits and I have missed the peace and serenity of my single life. But I have to say that overall it has been wonderful to have company, to talk about the day and to share my evenings with.

It looks like shortly I will be going back to single life. My son is in Salem this week trying to make living arrangements for a brand new full time job. I am glad for him, glad for the freedom and fulfillment it will bring him. But I have to admit I am a little sad around the edges. Though I will be glad to get back to a more normal schedule,I will miss our evenings and all the laughter we have shared.

So for tonight I am enjoying some peace and quiet, tomorrow will come soon enough. I will let my joy for for my son's new job carry me thourgh the coming transition.

Transitions are seldom fun ....

Just Connie

No comments: