Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year

It was just three years ago this week that I entered one of the most difficult years of my life. In the space of a couple of months I lost my husband, my grandmother, my best friend and my mother's best friend. Within a few more months I had closed the church I was pastoring, lost my job at the Mission I had worked at 10 years and faced my fathers life changing head injury.

During that year I often felt like I was standing on quicksand. I struggled to find footing in a world that was shifting underneath my feet. But over the course of that year of loss, I learned incredible things about myself, about the people around me and about a God who loved me in my hurt and despair.

This year as I look at the new year stretching ahead of me, I think back to my year of loss. I am so amazed and blessed at everything that God has restored to me since then. He has put me back in the pastorate in a church and community that I love. He has given me friends to stand beside me.  He has given me a few more years with my father. He has filled my life with love, ministry and meaning.

That is a pretty exciting way to begin a New Year.

Just Connie

No comments: