Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another Year

I waited with anticipation to hear my name called. I was with about 300 people at our Annual Conference. After some inspiring messages and reports it was finally time to hear the appointments called for the coming year. I stood as my name was called ... assigned for another year to the Willamina Free Methodist Church.

As I look back over the past 4 years I am filled with such a sense of awe and gratitude. God has restored my life in ways that I could never have even been brave enough to dream. To be in pastoral ministry is all I have ever wanted to do. I truly am living the dream.

I never want to take ministry for granted. I want to continue to see it as a precious gift and an incredible privilege. I believe that I have the best job in the world. I have a chance to make a difference and that is in incredible  way to live.

My prayer is that as I step into another year of ministry that I will never lose sight of the joy and the certainty of the call. There are good things ahead ...

Just Connie

No comments: