Sunday, June 3, 2012

Glad for Sundays

There are those Sunday's that stand out from the others. Today was like that for me. Of course some of it might have been because I had been gone the last two weeks. But even given that, today was amazing.

First of all the Superintendent was there today and his preaching was inspiring and challenging. I am so blessed by the godly man that he is. He has been supportive and accepted me as I am. He has helped to walk me through some very dark days. I am grateful not just for all the things he has done for me, but for the man he is.

Secondly, we officially installed the former pastor of the congregation as Pastor Emeritus. That was a wonderful opportunity to recognize not only the years of ministry he has given to the church but to recognize the continued call of God in his life.

Thirdly, I was able to introduce my ministerial candidate to the superintendent. I am so excited to see what God is going to be doing in his life in the months and days ahead. It is exciting to walk with him as he continues to explore his call to the ministry.

Fourthly, the music and worship today was wonderful. I am so very grateful for all of our talented musicians that help to usher our hearts to the throne of God every Sunday.

It is so good to be back and today prepares me for the rest of the week. How glad I am for Sundays!

Just Connie

No comments: