Monday, June 11, 2012

Sermon Day Thoughts

Sermon Day ... I love my study and sermon day. I always have this vision of how it should be. Soft music playing in the background, prayer and reflection, quiet meditation on God's Word. However, reality seldom fits that wonderful picture in my mind.

Today began with a wonderful walk around the pond with Hope Puppy and the ladies. Feeling refreshed I headed back to the church to study and reflect. And that is about the time the first visitor came. And I have to say that the rest of the day seemed to go that way.

It was busy, eclectic and yet still God spoke to me and little by little the sermon began to take shape. It is always an amazing process to me as a sense of rightness begins to resonate in the words. By 4:00 the sermon was e-mailed to the sound people, the web guy and the office staff.

Now I will be able to reflect on it throughout the week and prepare for Sunday ... I love Mondays.

Just Connie

No comments: