Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hunting 2012


For the first time in over 20 years I went on the annual family hunting trip. I did not realize how much I missed it until I was there. So much had changed since the last time I went with the family. We are hunting in a completely different area, I stayed in a cabin with running water and electricity all big changes. However some things did not change. There was still lots of laughter and love and lots of big gorgeous country.

This photo was taken while bear hunting with my nephew. Most normal people would go sit in a tree and wait for the bear to come to them. Not so in my family, We headed straight up the mountain. Straight up ... and up and up. It reminded me that I am 20 years older than I was the last time I did this. But I have to admit that it was a lot of fun .. and the scenery just breathed peace into my soul.
I was very glad that my nephew let me tag along with him and that he was patient with my much slower pace. It was great to spend time with him, great to be out in such a beautiful place and great to challenge myself a bit. I am already planning next year's trip.
 
Next time I think I will take the whole two weeks to be with them. I am pretty sure that I can bear with my family for two whole weeks. Now can they bear with me for two whole weeks?
 
Just Connie

No comments: