Thursday, October 4, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I have been playing catch up ... it is the sad reality of taking time off. My desk is still a mess, but I have some of the writing projects done that were due this week. I am having trouble coming to grips with the fact that Fall is not only here it is now in full swing!

With Fall comes a busier schedule and lots of activities. To fill up the empty spots (ha!) we have also completed demolition of the church kitchen and are now ready to actually begin to building process. So we have building going on.

The end of the month we have our annual Harvest Party Carnival for the community. It is a way for us to offer something fun and positive to  the community on Halloween. it is wonderful but it is a huge project and we have between 300-500 kids come through that night. So there is lots to do.

This afternoon  I will meet with the group at the West Valley Community Campus. We are still in the process of applying for our 501-C3. We are getting closer to it all the time. I am excited about working with this great group of people. They are dedicated and talented and this project has so much to offer the community.

Tonight I will meet with the Pastors Cabinet and we will look at where we are as a church and do our monthly check up on where we are.

So in just a little bit I will say goodbye to the mound of paperwork on my desk and head off to the next meeting. This is about the time of the week when I have to remind myself that taking time off really is a good idea.

At least I think it is ....

Just Connie

No comments: