Monday, April 15, 2013

Conference Thoughts

I just spent the last 5 days with 500 other Wesleyan Holiness Women Clergy. It was an incredible time of blessing and challenge. To be with so many others from around the world who truly understand the unique issues we face as we serve.

So often as women in ministry we serve in isolation. It can be very difficult develop support networks to help us stay healthy and strong. This conference gives us the opportunity to network with others, to receive additional training and to celebrate our callings.

This year we met in Estes Park Colorado. I arrived about 11:00 at night. It was 3 degrees with 40 mile per hour winds and blowing snow. That bitter cold was with us most of the time I was there. But the beautiful scenery more than made it a worth while trade off.

There were many highlights of the conference. I met some incredible women and learned of some unique ministries and callings. I was also blessed that one of our Bishops attended the whole conference. Our new Conference Superintendent also came and met with those of us from Oregon. it was wonderful to have that kind of support from denominational leaders.

I came away energized and encouraged. I am very thankful for these last 5 days. It reminds me that there are goo things ahead.

And it is good to look ahead ....

Just Connie

No comments: