Friday, April 5, 2013

The Hard Stuff

Sometimes part of my job is doing things I do not want to do. Last night I did one of those things. Before I did it I enlisted trusted partners to be praying, I discussed the issues with godly advisers. I spent time in prayer and preparation and then I did it.

The thing that I did not want to do, went very well. Not nearly as painful and horrible as I had feared. I think that all of the prayer and preparation led the way for God to do something powerful. And I think that it will continue to happen as we continue to seek God's heart on this issue.

Last night reminds me of how easy it is to not do the hard stuff. And by not doing the hard stuff we do not allow God to do the the wonderful and powerful stuff. By taking the easy road I am robbing myself and robbing those I serve of everything that God would like to do.

I pray that God enables me to hear his voice clearly and to be willing to do the hard stuff, regardless of my fear or excuses.

I am thinking perhaps I need to start working out .... there just might be more hard stuff ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: