Monday, August 22, 2016

Nightmares

I sometimes struggle with nightmares. Sometimes I can tell that I am processing things that are currently going on in my life and sometimes I can tell that I am processing old trauma and experiences. The past week I have been having nightmares around a recurrent theme.

I am not sure why I am processing these old experiences now. Nothing has happened that has brought it to the forefront of my mind, but there it is. Night after night I awake in a panic because someone that I am frightened of has come back to get me. Night after night I am experiencing this same person in different scenarios, unexpectedly showing up. The sense of panic and fear that I feel is so real that when I wake up I am unable to go back to sleep again. A couple of times I have even sat up in bed listening .... To see if there is something .... Or someone out there in the dark.

I can not figure out just what has triggered these recurrent nightmares right now. Is it time to drag those experiences out and to look at them again? Is it a warning to be prepared? Is it a call to pray for the person I am frightened of? (Which I am doing) I have to admit that I do not know. But I am praying about it.

I think it might also be time to contact those that can tell me if this person is doing well and still half a country away from my location. So today I am seeking .... Information and and peaceful sleep. And I am thinking that I hear nap time calling me.

Yep most definitely ...

Just Connie

No comments: