Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Projects

I have a week of leave left and still too many projects left on my list. It has not helped to have my lung function so low. That means that I get tired and short of breath very quickly. I have most of the guest room taped off so I can paint tomorrow afternoon. Though since I got another steroid shot today I might be getting up during the night to paint. We will see how it goes.

I am hoping to begin on the deck by Friday. But I also start my motorcycle endorsement class on Friday and it goes through Sunday. So I might be running out of time. But I am going to make an effort to start cleaning the deck and getting it ready to repair and seal. Then I need to do the digging for the patio. There is just a lot to get done yet.

My car goes into the shop on Thursday and that will complicate things but at least it is a local shop. So I can probably walk home or catch a ride since I will be dragging my Turnouts and my Wildland gear with me. It just reminds me that not only is the clock ticking ... My pocketbook is emptying as well. What a process this has been!

I am trying hard to not get discouraged by how much is left and how little help has been available. People are very busy and I do understand they have things to get done as well. So I will keep plugging away and get as much done as I can. Many of the projects I can keep working on after I get back to work.

So pray for me to be productive, for my lungs to cooperate and to stay positive. It will be so nice to get some of this done before treatment begins.

Just Connie

No comments: