Wednesday, August 10, 2016

God's Goodness

The text came as I was getting ready to lay down for a nap. I was tired, overwhelmed by everything that was on my to do list and so ready to lay my aching head down. I had more projects than I had money to complete the tasks. I laid there and was so tempted to ignore it until after my nap. I scanned it quickly and sighed. Someone needed to see me on an urgent matter right away. If it had been anyone else but this couple, I would have deflected them for a couple of hours. But I got up and actually put shoes on and waited for their arrival.

Giving them both a hug I tried to gauge where they were emotionally. They seemed happy and relaxed and joked with me as I brought them into the house. Sitting down they told me they had something for me and I could not say no. Experience has taught me to be wary, "Is it alive?" I asked? When they assured me it wasn't, I grudgingly said okay. At that point they handed me an envelope. Opening the flap I saw a wad of cash. Gasping, I tried to hand it back to them. "No, God told us to do this and we are being obedient." I sat there and looked at that envelope as the tears welled up in my eyes. "It is too much ..." But they again assured me that God very specifically told them to do this.

With amazement, I explained I had not known how I was going to buy paint to paint the house or the materials to repair the deck and lay the patio. I didn't know, but God was already providing. As we said our goodbyes, I was stricken by their generosity and by their obedience to what God was calling them to do.

And it was just two days later as I was standing at Les Schwab hearing the stunning news that the funny noise in my car was bad brakes, calipers and rotors. As they quoted the price for repairs, I knew I could pay it. Instead of standing there and crying because I did not have the money to repair it, I took a deep breath and said, "Get er done". Once again God provided, before I even knew I was going to be faced with the repair. As I waited for the car to be finished, I calculated how badly the repair was going to effect the house repairs. Sighing, I decided I would prioritize things and work till the money was gone.

Two days later I was handed a check by a local businessman to help offset the cost of my car repair. After I got done crying, I realized that it looked like I was going to be able to pay for everything on my to do list after all.

God's goodness never ends. Not because I deserve it, because I don't. He gives and teaches others the joy of giving. And is teaching me the humility and joy of receiving.

God us good .... All the time ...

Just Connie

1 comment:

Just Connie said...

God is so good. Connie good to share. Thank you