Thursday, February 21, 2013

Surrender

Well after months of illness and wheezing I have finally thrown my hands up in surrender. I have begun a month of medical leave and vacation. I am hopeful that this will enable me to both receive the treatment that I need and get the rest I need to allow my lungs to heal and get better.

The medical supply company dropped off a nebulizer for me to use the next week or so, the doctor sent me home with all the meds for the nebulizer which probably saved me several hundred dollars of med cost. He also gave me a steroid shot and begun me on oral steroids to go with the inhaled steroids. I will also see him again on Saturday to ensure that I am actually moving ahead.

I have to admit that by the time I hauled myself back to see him yesterday I was both feeling bad and feeling discouraged. But he is very positive we can turn the corner with this. So I am doing my part with every four hour treatments and following all the meds. I seldom go farther than my couch unless I am making a food run to the store or pellets for the stove. I am trying hard to be good.

But for some of us ... that is just so hard ....

Just Connie

No comments: