Thursday, January 31, 2013

Peace & Fear

Today I took positive steps to address the fear I have been fighting with. I went shopping for security cameras and security lights. I looked at more lights than I imagined were even available and enjoyed a day with friends. At the end of the day I had picked out the security lighting system  I needed and borrowed a security camera to use for a couple of weeks.

So tonight I have the camera running and it will pick up any activity in my yard after dark. Tomorrow I will head into town and get blinds for my family room window. I will also buy the security light that I have picked out.

All in all, this was an important day. I am facing a problem and I have made positive steps to address it. That is a good feeling. I have done what I needed to do and now I need to leave it in God's hands. Because this is the point that "worry" can slip in.

I refuse to give up my sense of peace. I have had so much taken from me over the years, I refuse to allow myself to be robbed of anything else.

So tonight I will wrap peace around me like a blanket, snuggle into it and curl up in front of the fire with a good book.

Now, that is a good idea ...

Just Connie

No comments: