Friday, March 13, 2015

Breathless ....

I sat on the examining table listening to  whistling and wheezing that seemed to be coming ... from me! I looked up to see my Dr shaking his head and muttering, "I am not happy with this." Before I knew it I was on oxygen, getting yet another steroid shot and told to sit back and relax. For the next two hours they worked on stabilizing my breathing.

As I waited, the cry of my heart was, "No hospital, no hospital." Every once in a while the Dr would come in and check on me and walk out shaking his head. But finally he came in and sat down and said, "I think you would benefit from a couple of days in the hospital." I of course countered with, "How about 24 hours to see if this treatment works?" He sat there and looked at me for a long time and finally said, "Would you call the ambulance, if there was any change?" At that point I would have promised most anything if it actually got me home. And then he gave me the "bad news" the oxygen needed to go home with me. But still ... I was going home and not headed to the hospital in the ambulance.

So I left the Dr's office, dragging an oxygen bottle, with yet another steroid shot, a prescription for oral steroids, new drugs for the every two hour nebulizer treatments and the demand that I present myself at his office the next morning.

Being the eternal optimist  and a person of faith at this point is helping me. I truly expect to be better when I go back to the Dr. and of course I have shared it with the prayer chain and have a hot of people praying for God to heal me.

And prayer changes everything ....

Just Connie

No comments: