Thursday, March 19, 2015

Optimism

By nature I am an optimistic person. By nurture I am an optimistic person since I was fortunate be raised in an optimistic, positive household. The outcome of that is that I seldom struggle with discouragement.

But very once in a while it happens.  I have  been working hard through this latest asthma crisis to keep moving and to work towards complete wellness. Part of my strategy is attending the Fire department yoga classes. My thought is that if I at least stay stretched than I will be that much farther ahead in my recovery. So for three weeks I have drug myself to classes and wheezed, coughed and somehow made it to the end expecting that the next class would be better.

And yet tonight expecting to be better ... I was not. I laid there and wheezed and coughed my way through class. As I laid there on my mat I was flooded with discouragement. How could I not be better than this? But yet it is what it is ... And I realize that discouragement does not move me ahead. So I am making a choice to focus on the improvements that I have made and not on what has not happened yet.

Because optimism is always the better choice and there are better things ahead. ...

Just Connie

No comments: