Friday, September 18, 2015

Steroids

I sighed as the Dr explained the treatment for my falling lung function. A second steroid shot and three weeks of a massive blast of oral steroids. I knew from past experienc that the steroid treatment would bring sleepless nights, a puffy moon face and an upset stomach. But it would attack the inflation in my lungs that was making breathing challenging for me. I was also to begin every four hour breathing treatments.

So for the last couple of days I have been working the treatment plan and spending a lot of time reading through the nights. I am not seeing improvement yet but I am not getting horribly worse either, so that is a good thing.

I find myself resenting this illness at times. The time and energy that it steals from me when I could be living life. But God gently reminds me that I am living life ... Right where I am. I have things to learn and though the path might now take me where I expect, I need to embrace the journey.

So tonight I am choosing to rest right where I am and look for the lesson that is here for me. And with all of these steroids coursing through my body, rest sounds pretty good.

And tomorrow is a bright new day ...

Just Connie


No comments: