Monday, August 7, 2017

A Good Thing

I have been reminded all to clearly this past week of the heavy toll the steroids take on my body. Because of the increase in steroids, I am back on insulin to control my blood sugar. I find myself getting very emotional which is not like me. These crying jags are very distressing to me on every level. But I am hopeful that I am beginning to adjust and some of the emotional side effects will begin to lessen.

Because the reality is that regardless of how I feel, I have work to do. I have sermons to write, people to counsel, staff to meet with, mentor meetings that need to happen and community meetings to be a part of. I also have classes to teach at the fire hall and some committee fires to put out as well. I keep pointing out to God that really and truly I do not have time to be this sick. And yet ... I am.

Yesterday, we kicked off a new Sunday School format for the month of August. The two people who are supposed to be leading it were gone ... Both of them, on the kick off day. That meant that I was in charge of getting all the adults and children together and trying to get everything done and being rather clueless about the whole thing.nAnd the entire time I was fighting nausea and intestinal issues. From there I went right into service. But I did send one of the students across the street for a diet 7-up hoping that would baby my stomach through the service. And yet service was good. I am so glad it is not dependent on me and h I feel. I made it through the sermon and everything seemed to go fine. Then I went home and was sick, sick, sick all afternoon.

Today I was feeling better, just in time for another treatment. Sigh ... It is hard to tell right now what is the treatment, what is the infection and what is attributable to the extra drugs I am taking. So I will just keep on doing what I can, take one step in from of the other and pray that all of these drugs are beginning to work. and I am praying for the time to do the work that needs to be done.

I guess anything that drives me to my knees to pray more is actually a good thing ..

Just Connie

No comments: