Thursday, August 3, 2017

Rest and Come To Me

Been down with a flu bug for a couple days. I thought I was doing somewhat better until I started throwing up this morning. Unfortunately that included my first round of pre meds for treatment.

But I kept moving through it and took round number two of the pre meds at the appropriate time when whispering prayers to please, please stop the throwing up.

My friend came to help me set the needles and I could tell I was tired, shaky and a bit dehydrated. But somehow all the pieces were put together and the needles were ready. Laying down on the bed, my friend Carolyn, carefully placed the needles and taped everything down. I put the 1st of two syringes in the pump started the pump.

As I was heading to bed to rest for the next 3 hours my pulmonologist called. My family Dr had asked me to contact him when he realized I had a flu bug and my lungs were down. His instructions to me were to go back to 40 MG prednisone for 6 days, 20 MG prednisone for 6 days and then hopefully back to 10 mg. He also reminded me to take my Zofran for the vomiting and stay hydrated which is very challenging when you are throwing up.

I am discouraged today, feel like I am going backward in my fight to get off steroids. And I am still feeling miserable today both from treatment and the flu bug.

I acknowledge that how we feel physically effects our emotions. .. even realizing that I just want to lay my head down and cry.

But I believe God has surrounded me with the best Dr's and incredible family and friends who are loving me and praying for me. That is a precious gift as I continue on this journey.

Tonight I am tired, thankful but tired... and God is whispering in my ear "that is okay. Rest and come to Me.

Just Connie

No comments: