Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blood Test News

Soooooo ..... just had a phone call from my immunologist with my latest blood test results. Instead if the hoped for and anticipated big jump in my antibody levels I only showed a 20 point increase. That means in 4 months I have only increased 44 points. The Dr is not sure why I am not increasing like I should be. He said for my weight I should have reached a therapeutic level months ago. He also said for the first time today he is not sure he can get it up to where he would like it to be.

But I do know that I am better than I was a year ago and I am having fewer infections even though I was just treated for one last week. My antibodies have gone from the 200's into the 600's so there is improvement. Just not much over the past 4 months.

So tonight I am feeling the feelings, disappointment, a bit of discouragement and of course a bit of apprehension over what the increase in treatment will do to my side effects.

However, I remain committed to the fact that this is abut the journey not the destination. I am thankful for the many, many prayers that are being lifted for me by so many people around the world. It makes an incredible difference to me and in me.

Thank you for your love, prayers and support you make a difference in my life.

Just Connie

No comments: