Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Dark Forest

I love the town I live in. I love the people, I love the culture, I love the way that they have embraced me and supported me as I have walked this journey. From flowers on my door step to a ton of stove pellets, to food that is so often dropped off for me. All of it reminding me that they love me and I am not alone. I am so very grateful for each and everyone of them.

I have been holding tight to this today because I have found that I am pretty weepy today. I know that 99% is probably the plethora of drugs running through my body since not only is today a treatment day, but my steroids have been bumped back up. But I do not like days like this when I am just curled up in a ball crying. I feel very alone, though my head reminds me that I am not. But yet the feelings persist. I am positive that it will be better tomorrow, but tonight is hard.

I am finding that so much of this journey is just toughing it out until it is better. Some days that seems easier to do than other days. Today is one of the hards ones ... But yet I know that am loved and cared for, by friends, family and most of all by God.  It is standing in the dark, believing with every fiber of my being that the light is there. I just need to take another step forward out of the dark forest.

Weeping may last for the night time, but in the morning comes joy,

Waiting for the dawn ...

Jus Connie

No comments: