Thursday, October 11, 2012

Acceptance & Love

Just got done meeting with my fellow pastors and I feel so blessed. Once a month  we gather together and lay down our denominational boundaries and share our hearts with each other. It is always an eclectic mix of laughter and serious discussion. It is one of the few places that you can totally be yourself without fear of rejection.

I think that giving each other the gift to be who we are is a precious gift. Most of us strive to fit into the box. The box we think we should be ... the box of who we think people will love, but it is so freeing when we can just be who we are ... and still be loved.

I hope that I can be that for others. That I can be loving, supportive and meet them right where they are. It is so easy to wrap my expectations and desires around the people I come into contact with ... I have to wonder what would change if I would just let them be who they are?

So I think today I am going to enjoy the gift I was given today and I am going to look for ways to share the acceptance and love I felt in that group with other people.

Imagine a world with more love .... i think I would like that.

Just Connie

No comments: