Monday, October 29, 2012

Kitchen Project

After two years of planning our church kitchen is finally underway. In just a few short weeks we will have a commercial kitchen space which will expand the possibilities for ministry. So many people have given to bring this project to fruition. I am so thankful for all the hard work, planning and dreaming that has gone into this project. It was a little over a month ago when a group of us met here are the church with sledge hammers and began dismantling the kitchen. For the last few weeks we have lived without a kitchen as we worked with plumbers, electricians and of course country officials to get everything in place.

Now things are finally moving ahead again. The electrician was here today and the plumber came this afternoon. They should finish up their work this week and then we can begin on the sheet rock and painting. Then the cabinets, the appliances and the floor will all be put into place.

This has been one of the most frustrating and the most rewarding projects I  think I have been involved with since I came to Willamina. Frustrating because of the red tape and the difficulties that are always part of it when change is imminent. But God has brought us through step by step ... sometimes kicking and screaming ... but has brought us to this place.

Yesterday afternoon a group of us came, shoveled cement and got the space all cleaned up and ready for today. The amazing thing is that I am not nearly as sore as I thought I would be today which is a blessing I am willing to accept.

I am excited to see what will happen in the next few weeks as we finish this beautiful kitchen and begin to expand our ministry into the community.

There are good things ahead ...

Just Connie

No comments: