Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Truth

An integral part of ministry is counseling. I have always enjoyed it and felt it was something that comes naturally for me. However I am always aware that I do not have all the answers and the reality is that counseling is a whole lot of work. Not just for me but for the participants. It usually takes confronting some painful truths and making adjustments.

I have sat on both sides of the counseling desk. As the person walking through the changes and as the counselor guiding them through the changes. Both places have potential pitfalls.

After my husband left counseling was the pivotal point  in my healing. I know first hand the freedom that it can bring as you step into the light of the truth. I also know the pain and sorrow that comes along with it. I have come to realize that you have to feel the feelings to be able to move ahead. That takes courage and strength. For me, I know that I do not have the strength, the wisdom or the courage to do that. It only comes as I give my mind and heart to Christ. It also comes from the other people that join you in the journey. it comes from the counselors, friends and family who walk beside you and keep pointing you to the truth.

And I guess when you get right down to it that is what my job is ... just keep pointing to the truth. Because the truth will set us free.....

Just Connie

No comments: