Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Project Thoughts

As a pastor I get involved in all kinds of projects. Small projects, big projects, church projects, community projects, school projects ... all kinds of projects. It is always a balancing project in itself to not have too many come due at the same time.

I have been working on a project the last couple of months that is beginning to DRIVE ME NUTS! Some might say that would be a short trip, but I find that I am spending more time feeling frustrated with this project that being blessed. Today I have been facing obstacle after obstacle and now ... people problems.

I think more than anything else people problems suck the life and joy out of me. I know that it is integral part of who I am and my call to pastoral ministry but sometimes .... I confess it tires me. I want people to play nice and get along, to have faith, to have love enough to overlook the slings and arrows of every day life. To extend grace ... imagine how that simple act could change things.

And of course the  hard part is that if I want other people to do that ... I need to do it myself. I need to play nice and get along with the incredibly diverse people that populates my life. I need to have faith in God, faith in other people and faith in myself. I need to love ... and love some more and when I get tired ... I need to love again. As I love, I need choose the gift of grace and let that be the bridge over the hurt, over the differences.

Lord let it be different and let it .... start with me ....

Just Me

No comments: