Monday, November 12, 2012

Reminder

I got a reminder yesterday ... of a very painful truth. It is no one's fault .... it is just a reality I like to think is not really there. But yet it is. It is a reality that sits there, squat and ugly and staring me in the face this morning. I do not like, I do not want it ... but there it sits.

So now the question that I am grappling  with "Is there anything I can do about this?" I know that I cannot change other people ... I can only change me. Sometimes that means that relationships are not really the way I want them to be .... the way I long for them to be. Sometimes it means that there is work that I need to do on me. And sometimes it means that I just have to accept the reality that I am faced with.

For now, I am laying at the feet of Jesus. Asking for wisdom, asking for strength ... asking for love enough for even this ....

Just Connie

No comments: